hot tip: bisexuals, pansexuals, and other people attracted to more than one gender are still queer
even if they are in a relationship a cis person of a different gender
because, hey, it’s still a gender among the many that they can be attracted to
they are not “betraying the cause” or whatever shit just because they are in a relationship that happens to make them appear straight
because they ain’t straight
"We live in a world where losing your phone is more dramatic than losing your virginity"
Um ok but I don’t recall my virginity having 16 GB of memory with all my contacts, music, photos, calendars, and apps or costing over $200.
my phone is an expensive and important material object and not a useless social construct put in place to shame and commodify women
Plus I remember where I lost my virginity.
I got rejected from that job I interviewed for. But. It’s okay. It was a one year placement, on pretty pony pay considering the location and yeah, Reading is ugly as sin so…. yeah I got some great specific feedback though! :)
In the good news side of things, my friends, WRB and myself have booked to go for a weekend away to Butlins. It will be like a cheaper, colder trip to Coney Island, I am dead excited! Only 189 days to go!
the scary thing about dating is that you are either going to marry that person or break up
I don’t know how some girls are 100% straight like have you seen girls
life-is-a-love-story asked: what's wrong with blurred lines tho?
- See, at it’s base, the song Blurred Lines is essentially, about rape, the “blurred lines” being the line between “No, I don’t want to have sex with you” and “Yes, I want to have sex with you.” The blurred lines means oh you don’t mean to say no, you mean to say yes.
- Thicke has openly stated that he “loves to degrade women”
- "OK now he was close, tried to domesticate you
But you’re an animal, baby, it’s in your nature
Just let me liberate you”
- here he’s referring to a woman as a wild animal, therefore dehumanizing her. Oh and that she should let him “free” her.
- Because nearly every goddamn lyric is something rapists have repeatedly used on their victims
- In this shot we see the girl full frontal with her breasts exposed, totally bare and vulnerable and nude, whereas he is in a full suit, an outfit most commonly associated with power. He’s in charge here.
- just this
- not once in the whole fucking video do the models look like they’re enjoying themselves. They have a dead eyed look and are constantly posing. Tyra’d give them the bottom two for that.
- So hit me up when you passing through
I’ll give you something big enough to tear your ass in two
- I had actually never stomached the entire song until writing this and watched it through for the first time and literally gagged.
- This. He follows the women around during the video. If a guy followed you on the street or in a club, what would you think? A person’s first response would be to leg it out of there or search for the nearest possible weapon.
- Plus Robin Thicke is a fuckin creep. Seriously, he’s is like that guy on the bus who always wears parkas even in summer and keeps asking what you had for breakfast.
- Also Pharrell and TI how dare you trick this poor deluded white guy into thinking he’s cool/hip.
- Also fuck off with the hashtags we get it, it’s a 36 year old dude trying to be modern
This isn’t as clever or concise as most wonderful metas on that fucking video. But they’re out there.
Meanwhile, watch Mod Carousel’s version, I guarantee it’s a million miles better.
I am hangry on a train.
Had an assessment centre/final job interview today. That was hard work.
Stayed in a purdy nasty hotel last night, did have an en suite room though rather than a shared bathroom so I can’t complain!
So… this job is fantastic, I would really really like it, but time will tell!
In other news, grown ass adults need to learn how to use a train. Had to be said.